Friday, September 4, 2015

What's playing?

10 Songs



Saturday, Sept. 5: Put your iTunes/music player on shuffle and share the first 10 songs that play.

   1.   Stay in my corner- The Arcs
I really like this song because it feels super bluesy and soul filled and just kinda dreamy. It's part of an album by Dan Auerbach  who is half of the band The Black Keys and the album just came out so I'll be listening to the rest of it soon.

   2.   Can't bring me down - Awreeoh
This band is from the movie Dope, which I highly recommend. It's probably one of the best movies about high school nowadays other than 21 jump street. The band, Awreeoh is a punk band in the movie and the music has a punchy dramatic feel which matches what happens in the movie with the song playing at the time.

   3.   Brother Sport - Animal Collective
When I was in New York with my family this summer, we went to a oddities show over in coney island. One of the performers had this song as one of their sets and it was just super happy and everyone was having fun and even though he messed up a few times, we didn't really mind.

   4.   You're the Inspiration - Chicago
Don't we always like the same music that our parents listen to? I remember playing Elite Beat Agents on my Nintendo DS and most of their songs immediately became favorites of mine. Songs like this one and I was Born to Love You by Queen and September by Earth Wind and Fire always make it into my playlist.

   5.   Stubborn Love - The Lumineers
Oh Lumineers, when are you guys gonna make a new album? The second time I went to New York with my entire family for my Dad's birthday, this song and the entire album was basically the only thing I listened to during our trip, so I connect New York with this album.  Also if you haven't seen their concert performance at Red Rocks, Youtube it because it's one of most active an audience has been short of Queen at Live Aid

   6.   Homecoming - Kanye West
~Chi City!~ Homecoming is probably my favorite Kanye West album because it was the first big introductions to rap that I had. 

   7.   The Guilt Engine - Gatsby's American Dream
Gatsby's American Dream is one of the bands I remember listening to with my brother and my sister and we still sing along to some of the songs now and then. The singer has this really interesting voice that varies between whining and sounding like an Incubus sent to ensnare women with his gritty growling voice. 

   8.   Home is where the Hatred Is - Gil Scott-Heron
Another song off of the movie Dope, Gil Scott-Heron is hailed as the father of rap and a self defined "bluesoligist." It's a really powerful song dealing with addiction and relationships and I find it fascinating.

   9.   Prom Night - Anamanaguchi
I'm ok with anamanaguchi, most of their songs I can appreciate but I need lyrics for my songs which is why Prom Night is my favorite song of theirs. It ahs such a dancy rave feel to it that it always puts me in a good mood, and so is in my morning routine mix.

   10. I'm ready, I Am - The Format
The Format was probably the first band that I really got into, and so when they dissolved I was crushed. I just really love all the songs that Nate Ruess and Sam Means created during their time as a band together. I wish I still remembered the name of my AIM friend who shared my love of The Format.



No comments:

Post a Comment