Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Fall Lovin'

Tuesday, Sept. 8: Tell us about your favorite season. Why is it your favorite and what does it say about you?

(Listen to this while reading)

It seems to me that Autumn is the really austere season.  Everything
burns into a glory of colour and disappears. The green splendour of
Spring degenerates into lushness, the leaves are tarnished with dust,
but the flaming reds and yellows, the pale gold, the rose colour, the
splendid purple-red of these trees will swirl with the wind, will have
one splendid moment of sailing in the blueness of the sky, one moment
of motion beyond anything that a leaf could dream of. . . . I have seen
this country for the first time at an austere season.  But it would always
be austere because it is passionate. The earth burns with a colour of
orange, with the colour of red, burns with a purple blackness, shows
its ribs of stone, coloured, blanched, carved into fantasy.

Ella Young

if you guys haven't guessed already, I'm madly in love with the fall. The way the hazy summer air turns into crisp and almost biting gusts of wind as the temperature drops and my mood soars. 
If it weren't for Christmas, Halloween would be my most favorite of all the holidays. 
One of my favorite TV series Over The Garden Wall  really solidified my love for the season, as does old disney halloween movies like hocus pocus and halloweentown. Also there's something that's definitely crafty about the season as well. Pumpkin Carving, Knitting scarves, making thanksgiving decorations. 

This is probably the most work I've put into a post, which shows how much I love autumn

1 comment:

  1. Love the poem you shared and the images. Fall gets me every time!

    ReplyDelete