Friday, September 4, 2015

Passions

(I missed yesterday because ain't nobody got time for that)

What are you passionate about?

Freedom
I want people to be able to be themselves without having to live in fear otherwise. I'm an advocate for feminism, LGBTQ rights, and black and other POC rights. 

Animals
I'm passionate about animals and I love them with all my heart. I'd remember taking in egg's that had fallen out of nests, taking care of stray cats, and putting all of my effort into finding a lost dog's owner, I bleed for these animals because my siblings and I weren't allowed to have real pets other than fish or the turtles that we have had before. When I was being confirmed as a catholic, I chose to have saint Francis of Assisi as my confirmation name because of his love of animals and his good nature. 

Waynes World
I know it's kind of weird to be passionate about a movie like this, but basically this movie was my childhood. I'm sure this movie is why I and my siblings love references so much, because they remind us of our childhoods. I watch this movie when I'm sad, when I'm happy, when I'm bored and when I'm cleaning. I vividly remember a time when my siblings and I were waiting in the car for our dad at Blockbuster and we starting re-enacting the entire movie from memory.  


Friends
I wouldn't be anywhere if I didn't have friends. Most of my time in high school was spent messing around with my friends rather than doing my schoolwork. I always had a huge web of friends that spanned the different social groups and nowadays I always try to make friends wherever I go, and seem to be moderately successful  at it.

Traveling
Almost every summer is a cross country trip to places like Orlando, Boston, Los Angeles, or North Carolina, Nowadays we fly to some of the farther destinations but I grew up with 20+ hour car rides. Being in transit is the most relaxing thing to me while I'm on a vacation and even when I'm not, because the only thing you do is take in your environment around you the way you want to. There's something meditative about watching the highway lights and the way their hazy orange lights illuminate the road in front of us, and there's something about pulling into a gas station in the dead of night. The stillness of it and the realization of you in it.  


2 comments:

  1. Yes!

    Traveling is something I'd like to add to my list .....one day.

    ReplyDelete