Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014



oh man, 2014


2014 was a year of growth. A year to learn how to get back up after falling down. How to not rely on other people for my own happiness. How to learn to lose people, even if you really love them. 

I failed my calculus class in the spring, sending my gpa scores below a c average and putting me in probation mode. Which denied me from changing my major to what I truly wanted it to be.

I started my second job at an ice cream and donut shop in march and learned a lot about making my customers happy. But while they were happy, I wasn't. Seeing other people getting paid more to do even less didn't seem fair to me, neither did the owners having their favorite employees getting special treatment.    

My sculpture class was kind of a mixed bag. On one hand, possibly the least fun I've ever had being taught how to sculpt, but yet, some of the most fun I've ever had commiserating with the rest of our class about how awful our teacher was. The friends I had made in that class were some of the most interesting people I had met. Each with such fascinating, dirty, and life-affirming stories I'd ever hear. From prostitutes in Amsterdam to Suicidal attempts, it made me realize how our stories form who we are. 

I'd have to say my favorite part about 2014 by a landslide were my new friends that I had made. It's so hard to believe that I didn't even know them by the start of the year and now I consider them to be some of my closest friends. Anytime we hung out I just forgot all the bad things that were going on at the moment and just wanted to be with them there. 

So here's to 2015, please god don't do this to me again. 


1 comment:

  1. I know school can be a booger, believe me, I've been in it long enough to know first hand,
    But let's be positive, I also think you're on a good path. Potatoes and molasses!!!!

    Also, I'm glad you're still blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete