Sunday, January 10, 2016

Blogging for Books Art Students League of New York on Painting

I chose this book because I have an interest in painting but oh man is this book intense.

The book is split into three sections, Lessons and Demos, Advice and Philosophies, and Interviews. So far I've only gotten part way into the Lessons and Demos but I like seeing how the process of each artist creates their paintings. It's really inspiring that these people have the drive and determination to want to paint for a living and how their passion goes into the canvas. 

I can't really advise novice painters or those with a passing fancy to get this book, since it's kind of overwhelming just by the sheer volume and complexity of some of the stuff inside, which even winded me but I will persist for you, my readers! Probably 

3.5/5 

*I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment