Thursday, September 15, 2016

Life: updated

its been a while since i've had a proper blog update

As I'm writing this I'm inside my printmaking classroom, where I spend most of my time at school now. Which is really fun, nontheless, and I have my friends in both of the printmaking classes to keep me company and keep me from making other friends haha. I finished my first relief project which was a picture of Jackie Chan from drunken master, one of me and my brothers favorite kung fu movies.

I've also got an online math class that I'm actually getting and understanding which me being horrible at math in general actually feels really good when i can solve a problem like linear programming or matrices and depreciation rates and break even points in sales, like, man does it feel good to write down a whole slew on information, be able to plug in the formulas, and find out just how to maximize a profit.

Working at paper source is really great, I don't have a lot of hours but I get paid really well and the atmosphere and my coworkers are really great and relaxing, and just recently one of my co-workers paid me 50(!!!!) dollars to cover her shift which means that for three hours on saturday, I am making 26 dollars an hour :D:D:D::D which is incredible becasue at my last job as a server assistant, I made a penance during the day when no one would eat lunch, and if I worked the night shift, I'd be so exhausted to work the next morning. But at paper source, I'm not running around clearing tables and rushing food out to people, instead I'm restocking in the back sometimes, or working the demo cart showing people how to make cards and use tools like the heat gun or the sticker maker.

Pretty much every night now I end by playing some Overwatch with my group of friends on ps4. I can't believe how tight knit of a group we are, like, I know about clans and other things like that for gaming but this really feels like a sort of family. We all care about each other and love each other pretty much all the time. Recently we are watching the Harry Potter movies in order and last night we finished up the Goblet of Fire. I was kind of embarrassed because yesterday night I fell asleep while we were watching the Prisoner of Azkaban and they told me that I snored, which made me turn really bright red. In the future, I'm actually thinking about going to go visit one of them up in seattle for spring break, then taking a train up to calgary and meeting another!

I guess things are going pretty good for me right now, not too much to complain about, but if there is, I'll be sure to post about it here :D


No comments:

Post a Comment